Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Book

I finished the Barbara Kingsolver book and it was excellent. Of course now I have all these ideas swirling around in my head of things to do.
Remember I was saving jars to can with? Well, I wasn't making much progress but I started cleaning out the shed on my property and the previous owner had the same idea. So I have a bunch of jars, all shapes and sizes. Some of the odd sizes I won't try to can with but I'm wanting to store things and save seed from my hopefully heirloom french breakfast radishes (fingers crossed) so they will come in handy. I love having jars full of good things to eat, canned goods, beans and rice.
Also, I'm going to look into a cowshare agreement so I can get fresh milk as I want to try making my own butter and yogurt and such.
Must be lunchtime, I'm hungry talking about food.

No comments: