Monday, January 26, 2009

Tomorrow

I've slipped into a time warp and it's now tomorrow. Really.
Here's the breakfast burrito grocery list and prices.
Diced green chili $1.59
Safeway Salsa Bean Salsa $2.50 (on sale reg $3.09)
Ortega green chilies (hot) $1.29
3-10pk Tortillas 2.49 ea $7.47
Aluminum foil $8.49 (on sale reg $8.59)
Eggs (buy one 18-pack, get one free) $4.29 for 36 eggs
2 pks O"Brian Potatoes $6.00 (on sale reg $6.98)
2 lbs sausage $4.00 (markdown)
1 lb Montery Jack cheese $4.99 (on sale reg $5.79)

So let's total it up. I spent $40.62. Next time I won't have to buy aluminum foil as there is still plenty left and I saved what I used to reuse so let's say I used 1/3 of the package. So let's reduce the spent to $34.96. I ran out of tortillas so let's say another package would have been good. So let's say $37.45 total. So I would have had 36 burritos from this recipes (in an ideal world that had more tortillas) and so the average price per burrito would have been $1.04 per burrito. You wouldn't have to put green chili on them but I wanted the spice. Or if you buy green chili in season and freeze it, that would lower the price. If you fried your own potatoes I imagine the price would go down further. I think it's worth it just because the burritos are so much better than what I've bought.

No comments: