Monday, February 16, 2009

Compulsive coupon-cutting

I was doing some reading today about people who use like a million coupons and get a basket full of groceries for 10 cents. That's ok but I would think it takes a lot of time to organize that and one thing I read, the person was so proud that she saved so much but ended up going to 6 different stores in one day to shop. It doesn't seem like she is thinking about gas money and time. In my mind, I would rather spend a little more for an item at the store I'm already shopping in than run around to yet another store to find it cheaper. I guess for me the point isn't getting everything as cheaply as possible, it's more of spending my time to do things I enjoy. It's also a problem that you may end up buying things you wouldn't otherwise buy just because you have a coupon for it.
Just something to think about.

No comments: