Wednesday, January 14, 2009

As promised.

I've decided for tonight that I will make just one recipe of extra food to freeze. Then more for the weekend. I'll be doing breakfast burritos with this recipe from the Pioneer Woman cooks. For potatoes I usually buy ready made frozen O'Brian potatoes instead of frying my own. Freezing fried potatoes is going to be one of my later projects and I could use those. I'm going to double the recipe because I already know my family likes these and they will probably disappear fast and not just for breakfast.

List of ingredients to buy
2 packages frozen O'Brian potatoes
3 packages of at least 10 flour tortillas, the in between size, not fajita size, not burrito size unless you want giant breakfast burritos
2 lbs breakfast sausage, whatever kind you like
1 lb Monterey Jack Cheese
2 dozen eggs
Seasoned salt, I already have this so I don't have to buy it
Salsa, homemade would be good but that will be next summer
Foil, I'm out
Green Chili, buy in bulk in late summer and it's much cheaper

I let you know tomorrow how much the ingredients cost and how many burritos I got out of this.

No comments: